Salmon Avocado Boats
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Suggested cooking tools: medium mixing bowl, cutting board, knife, spoon
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. light or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (can use more, for additional spiciness)
- 2 (5-oz.) cans or pouches salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 avocados
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, for garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (yogurt through cayenne pepper); mix well.
- Add salmon to bowl; mix well.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop about 1 Tbsp. of the flesh from each avocado half and add it to salmon mixture; mash well. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each avocado half with ¼ cup of salmon mixture, creating a mound on top of avocado halves. Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.