Lemon Herb Tuna Steak and Potatoes
By Creme de la Crumb
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 3/4-inch-thick tuna fillets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine in a large resealable bag: the 4 tuna fillets, 4 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon basil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Seal the bag and massage the fillets to rub in the seasonings and evenly distribute all the ingredients. Chill bag for 15 minutes while you move on to the next steps.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat.
- Stir together remaining salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine. Arrange potatoes on half of a greased sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- After tuna fillets have chilled for 15 minutes, place them on the empty half of the sheet pan and top them with lemon slices, if desired. Sprinkle Parmesan over the potatoes and return pan to the oven for 6 minutes. Then flip the tuna fillets and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!